Third annual Sustainable Preparedness Expo - back by popular demand! Don't miss the Northwest's premiere preparedness expo this fall Sept. 22, 2013. Whether your interest is in preparedness, homesteading, or sustainable living, you will find a wealth of information. Come to learn valuable info at the many excellent seminars, connect with the thousands of preparedness-minded attendees we are expecting, obtain hard to find equipment, supplies and advice you need from the wide variety of vendors present at their booths. It's a
one-of-a-kind experience you won't want to miss! Our venue will be the SpokaneCounty Fair & Expo Center, with it's convenient location and ample free & easy parking.
Sustainable Preparedness Expo Promo
Sunday, September 22, 2013
Doors open at 10 am and close at 6 pm
We are privileged to have some incredible hand-on training opportunities. These two workshops are free to observers, but to participate hands-on, you will need to register ahead of time online and pay the fee for materials.
- Intro To Wound Management & Suturing Technique (register here)
- Emergency Dental Workshop (register here)
A mainstay of the Expo, our exciting lineup of over 20 training sessions that will provide an incredible learning opportunity throughout the day. To view the detailed schedule and topics along with bio's of each of the presentors, Click Here.
- Medical Emergencies In Austere Conditions - David Pruett, MD (AMP-3)
- Preparedness In Dentistry - Howard Shayne, DDS
- The Plan To Plant: What It Takes To Grow ALL Your Food - Bob Gregory (Berea Gardens)
- Homestead Home Business Revolution - Dave Westbrook (Country Living University)
- Herbs, When There is no Doctor - Walt Cross (The Mustard Seed)
- Adding "Sustainable" To Preparedness - Craig Meissner
- Know Your Enemy: Dealing With Pests In The Garden - Bob Gregory (Berea Gardens)
- All About Crosscut Saws - Jerry Plocher
- What is Biodiesel And How Is It Produced? - Ron Zeitner (North West Diesel Off-Road)
- Permanent Water Well Hand Pumps - Fred Houck (Storm Pumps)
- No Gasoline? No Problem! Run Your Engine On Wood - Varrell Jackson (All American Wood Gas)
- Practical System Design For Off-Grid Power - Brian Betz (Backwoods Solar)
- Modern Wood Cook Stoves & Range Boilers - Daniel Fenoff (Stoves & More)
- Health Outcomes After A Nuclear Disaster & Ways To Mitigate Health Impact - Myron Mills, MD, MPH
- Saving Seeds for Sustainable Gardens - Rachel Otto (White Oak Valley Farm)
- Sprouts, The Essential Survival Food - Crystal DuBoyce (Maui Vegetarian)
- Amateur Radio, Communications During Emergencies - Carlos Antuna
- Don’t Get Caught With Your Pantry Down - Kevin & Janiene Rise (THRIVE)
- Prepping for EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) - Joel Ho (MobileSec Solutions)
- Financial Strategies for the Present and Coming Economic Challenges - David Lehrman (DJ's Coins)
- Canning Nuts & Making Sauerkraut - Margrit Kraus
- Bug Out Bag - Everything But The Kitchen Sink - Rick Hall
Tickets will be for sale at the door for $12.
DVDs and Downloadable Videos of Training Sessions!
Coming to a Sustainable Preparedness Expo is an amazing experience--learning from your choice of ~20 incredible training sessions and roaming around the vendor booths with equipment and information you won't find elsewhere. That's not to mention the amazing door prizes and Expo-only discounts! But what if you just couldn't make it to Spokane or Seattle this year? Or maybe you did come but were unable to attend every training session you wanted to. We have a solution.
For the first time ever, we are pleased to offer DVDs and/or downloadable videos of almost all training sessions that took place at the Expo!
The videos are currently in production and will be released as soon as we complete them, so if you would like to be among the very first to be notified, please enter you name and email below.
We are beginning to post various door prizes that will be given to attendees who enter throughout the day (such as this beautifully restored, high quality, razor sharp crosscut saw, courtesy of Jerry who will be giving a seminar on how to sharpen and use a crosscut saw). Be sure to come back and check out the list of door prizes. Coupons and Expo specials may also be found by clicking here.
No trinket peddlers here! We do our best to screen vendors and make sure you have access to quality items from reputable companies. View a preliminary list of vendors who have been accepted at this page.
If you would like to be considered as a potential vendor, feel free to download the vendor packet here and submit your application for review. Only vendors who will enhance the Expo with quality products and training will be accepted. Registration has already closed for this expo.
Help Spread the Word!!
Would you like to help your friends, neighbors, and community live a life that is more responsible and prepared? Let them know about this Expo! Here are some things you can do:
- Send personal emails to all your friends, letting them know about the Expo
- Request FREE printed promo material to pass out to your friends, family, church, and community
- "Like" our Facebook page and post a link to it to alert your FB friends
- Give a heads-up to any businesses with products or services useful to preparedness-minded homesteaders